Just a small town girl that's been all around the world and back again...Now settled into life as a fabulous wife and momma of two darling daughters if I say so myself. And I do say. Enjoying loving and living this life!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

yellow curry, wide rice noodles and then some.

For the record, the Loan family LOVES Thai food.  I mean absolutely loves it.  Last night without a lick of groceries in the house (very typical) we headed out to grab some dinner straight from Bri's cheer practice and my zumba class.  :)  Where to?  Well in our little small town there are 3 Thai restaurants and we had never been to the 3rd one.  OH MY GOSH - it was a huge success!  

Let's just say an appetizer of spring rolls drenched in peanut and sweet chili sauce, a bowl of lemongrass soup filled with seafood, an order of fried rice, an order of pad thai noodles with beef, an order of yellow curry pretttty much hit the spot.  Come to find out the owner is a guy who graduated from high school with babe, so that meant a complimentary dessert for us to try - delish.  I think it was something like coconut milk with sticky rice and mango.  And of course I had to finally try the thai iced tea that I had heard so much about. 

Let me just say that our daughter will pretty much eat anything (wonder where she gets that from).  She loved all the spicy sauces and eating with her chopsticks.  

Here are some pics captured from the good ole' blackberry: 

fresh garden spring roll - she is NOT a picky eater!

fried rice and chopsticks :)

curry, rice and chopsticks :)

delish dessert!            
When we finished up our tastey dinner, I thought it would be good for little punkins and me to run into Target really quickly and browse for some Thanksgiving decorations.  (I am hosting 'the sisters' Thanksgiving dinner and wanted to add a little fall decor to the kitchen beforehand - I mean the table does have to look good for blog posts ;)!  Well, lonnng story short, Briley and I arrive home a little after 10 (yep, on a school night) only to have her insist on setting the table up complete with all the new items.  So come one, come all - table is now completely ready for Thanksgiving feast to be served (now if only I can keep it that way for a week). LOL.   








1 comment:

  1. what is the name of this place?! we love thai too!

    see you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete