Just a small town girl that's been all around the world and back again...Now settled into life as a fabulous wife and momma of two darling daughters if I say so myself. And I do say. Enjoying loving and living this life!

Monday, June 27, 2011

roots and lawn party - two things that go together

Ok, you know it's bad when your grandmother asks you if you are letting your hair go dark again!  And to top that off, it's worse when your 5-year old tells you that your hair is supposed to be blonde, not dark.  These comments are not made up.  And they came just in time for my touch-up appointment for tomorrow.  Only thing is, I have to reschedule because of my crazy busy week.  

Guess I will be rockin' these roots for the next couple days.  



I will say that I fit in pretty good with last night's crowd, although I did wear a hat to cover up the nastiness. 

We ventured out to the lawn party (redneck rendezvous, but oh so much fun).  And boy was it the venture.  All 13 of us!!  Me, Travis, Briley.  My parents.  My sister, her husband and their two boys.  And some friends of ours and their two kiddos. 

Here, you might enjoy this picture of us taking up an entire picnic table....covered in fried food and everyone stuffing their faces.  HA!


The food at these shindigs is simply amazing.  We had:  fried chicken, french fries, white bread, baked bbq chicken, hamburger, white beans with ham and onion, snow cones, caramel cake, peach, raspberry and chocolate homemade ice cream and funnel cake.  No lie.  


 There was a band and we caught the two upcoming first graders doing a little admiring from a distance.  Hey, who doesn't love a hot cowboy?!?!  (Yes, I can say that...Travis has tight jeans, boots and a cowboy hat - triple check! ;)


We the girls (and Travis on one or two) rode rides alllll night...thanks to the $10 arm band.  Gotta love it. 




I interrupt this segment on rides to give a quick thought on the 'carnies' operating the rides.  Definitely not trying to be downgrading here, but seriously.  This is what our children are subject too for two minutes whirling through the air?  
I seriously think he dozed off for a few.... 


All in all, there were lots of laughs and more memories made with friends and family.  Gosh, I just love livin' in the country :) 







And since we live in the fair capital of the state, I'm sure you will be seeing plenty more posts like these round' these parts over the next couple of summer months...

Please pass the cotton candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment