Just a small town girl that's been all around the world and back again...Now settled into life as a fabulous wife and momma of two darling daughters if I say so myself. And I do say. Enjoying loving and living this life!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

valentine delight

There.  I did.  Found time to click on NEW POSTOnce I start typing away on the keyboard, I fall in love with the sound of the keys and get more than excited to document yet another story from the Loan family.  This one happens to be from the other night at 9:00pm (!) when it was decided to make 'valentine delight', which of course I found from another blogger friend, here.  Yes, I realize that most family's with a 5-year old are winding down for the night or maybe even most likely already in bed.  But, no, no, not here.  Not the night-owl Loan's house.  NOT US.  

I had bought the ingredients for this fun treat a couple nights before when there was 10 inches of snow on the ground and we were snowed in.  The reason escapes me, although I am sure it was a good one, of why we didn't make the treat that night.  But we didn't.  Sooo, on our way home from new members orientation at church, I thought that little nugget 5-year old would fall asleep.  But, as soon as we pulled into the garage, she hoped out of the car saying, "time to make valentine delight",  then looking up at me, "you said we would make it tomorrow night, which is tonight."  Oh, yeah, maybe I did say that. :/

Here is a very sad little girl in her daddy's t-shirt, who usually loves having her picture taken, but at this time was very anxious to get started on the task at hand and did not want any parts of the camera. 

 Just hold on pumpkin, I have to take one of our little set-up here before we begin.  {pictured below on the screen, one of my newest favorite blogs this blessed nest and the directions for putting all this together.}

And here is one of a very patient and scarcastic (if you can be those two at once) husband, who said "oh, are these pictures for the bloooog?" (include accent and drawn out syllables on blog). 


First Step.  Pop the corn!  [check]

Second Step.  Drink sprite straight from the two liter. [check]


3rd Step.  Melt Chocolate.  (IN MICROWAVE....my days of trying to melt on the stove top are OVER!)  [check]

4th Step. Pour melted chocolate (thank GOD I had seen our small group leader and great
friend Debbie melt chocolate in the microwave a couple days before...so I knew to add some oil to make it more 'meltable' and therefore 'pourable'. [check]


5th Step.  Spill half the bag of M&Ms on the floor. (Even the simplest of tasks become complicated in the Loan kitchen). Good thing I bought two bags ;) [check]


6th Step.  Mix M&Ms in with popcorn and chocolate. YUM! [check]

7th Step. Spread out on cookie sheet to let cool.  

 
8th Step. Fork in and Enjoy. :) 



Happy Valentine's Day (You should be proud I am actually early) <3


2 comments:

  1. girl, so proud! no one enjoys valentine's day treat more than me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummo girl! Babe likes it when I add mini-marshmallows too. I melt them with the chocolate.

    ReplyDelete