Just a small town girl that's been all around the world and back again...Now settled into life as a fabulous wife and momma of two darling daughters if I say so myself. And I do say. Enjoying loving and living this life!

Friday, January 7, 2011

merry christmas festivities (all three days of it)

Well, I am kind of an ALL or NOTHING type of girl.  Which means in the blog world that if I don't have the most perfect combination of words and pictures to make the most perfect post - it probably ain't happening. :)  Sorry for the slacking.  Let's play catch up again (story of my life).  

 MERRY CHRISTMAS!, from the Loans. 

{Pre-Christmas}
Well it started a couple weeks before December 25th when my all loving husband surprised me by ordering our Christmas cards.  GASPPPP!!  He did what?!  (not that I am surprised at all that he ordered them because this is just how great he is, BUT, with my particular self I couldn't believe that he would want to take on such a task to please me.) 

Travis is a gem.  I am [sometimes] a bit of a brat.  He deals (because he is a gem).  After taking one look at the card and realizing that it 'wasn't quite right' I decided not to send them out.  I know, I know - I am a terrible wife.  It's ok, I have since shown my appreciation many, many times over and the make-up has been taken care of ;)  We did end up giving them out to family members over our three day celebration of 'the most wonderful time of the year'!

{Christmas Eve}
1st stop - Travis' dads' brother's house.  Did you follow that?  We spent lunch with Travis' uncle and his family.  This is where we found out that Briley did not actually want a DS but a DSi (like I knew there was a difference).  PawPaw and MawMaw also realized that they would be making a trip to exchange that little handheld device.  It's Briley - what do you expect!?  Which meant, that Travis and I would be making a trip to exchange the games.  OMGosh.  





2nd stop - Travis' dads' dad's house.  Get used to following this sequence of explaining family members.  Think it's confusing.  Try living it :) 
3rd stop - Christmas Eve candle light service with one of my sisters and her lovely fam, my parents, travis' dad and step-mom, travis' step-mom's sister and her daughter.  Basically it was a whole clan of us.    


4th stop - My sister's house.  Every year on the night before Christmas we receive "magic pajamas" (I mean every year as in 25 years and running).  Mom now has expanded the tradition to buying for the husbands and grandkids! We had a delish christmas treat prepared by girl (see below) and a mean game of mexican train (one of our new loves)...we missed Aunt Linny - she was in Raleigh, NC (but have no fear - she would be joining us the day after Christmas)






{Christmas Day}  
HaPpY BiRtHdAy JeSuS! 
1st stop - our very own little humble of ode.  Another tradition - Christmas morning brunch.  It began with the two staples...monkey bread and quiche. And over the years as the number of attendees grew (significant other's families) - so did the 'staples'.  For example this year brunch included:  monkey bread, quiche (4 different types), biscuits and sausage gravy, pancakes, bacon, cranberry bread, coffee, juice - you get the idea. :)  Before partaking in all of the deliciousness, we partook in a new tradition - communion.  Sidenote.  "In Christianity, the basic meaning of the term communion is an especially close relationship of Christians, as individuals or as a church, with God and other Christians."  How fitting for our morning. 



2nd stop - Travis' mom's house.  Where of course she had another spread waiting for us including white beans, meatballs, pumpkin bread and many other little delights.  We opened gifts where we were surprised with a new comforter set for our room which I <3.  And Briley was overwhelmed with love as she opened package after package (after package - story of her Christmas season). 

 
3rd stop - Travis' step-mom's mom's.  Ahhhhhh, fried oysters!  One of many reasons we love this stop. hahaha. I'm just kidding.  (not really).  This is also where they have ham and fried tenderlion and all things yummy and also where Briley opens her packages from her pawpaw and mawmaw.  With the car completely loaded, we headed home around 11pm to snow falling.  Christmas Day complete (but this was kind of like another Christamas Eve for us...believe me...wait til you hear tomorrow's schedule). 





{Day After Christmas}
Starting the morning by opening our presents with Briley and we were supposed to make it to church, but after a late night of dance off on the Wii (yep, that's what we did) and some snow on the ground, we opted out (shame on us ;) 
2nd stop - My grandparents.  Do I have to list all of the food again?   I hope not, too much to mention - among my favorites - oyster stew and baked brie.  It was an afternoon of Briley and my nephew Hudson banging on the piano and strumming on the guitar strings.  Quite the duo they are. 




3rd (and final) stop - My sisters.  Again.  We had our traditional gift exchange and the kids opened packages galore.  We munched on leftovers and played the Wii.  It was noisy and chaotic like most  all things we do in the Miller family.  Love it.  



So after 3 days of festivities, 2 DSi's for the little punkins amongst many items (we threw out 20 bags of 'trash' from her playroom and bedroom the week after to make room for new items), snow, food, fellowship and even sweeping up inches, INCHES of pine needles from the tree it was a very merry time for all.  So there you have it, the 4th Annual Loan Christmas Routine - until next year (where the line up will most likely be very similar). 


Better say it now....who knows when I will get around to it.  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment