Just a small town girl that's been all around the world and back again...Now settled into life as a fabulous wife and momma of two darling daughters if I say so myself. And I do say. Enjoying loving and living this life!

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sounds the Sirens!

THIS girl is 30!  

I was reminded of my birth story last night from my parents who are in town visiting from the warm state of South Carolina.  My mom had her baby shower and I must have gotten so exciting hearing all of the gibber jabber from the day, I wanted to make my debut and be a part of the party!  She went into labor that evening (I was almost 4 weeks early - which is the only part of this story that is NOT so typical of me. ha!)   My dad was a professional firefighter for the city of Alexandria, VA and it was his night to work.  My mom called and called and called, but could not get anyone to answer the firehouse payphone at 2am in the morning.  So, left with her only option, she called 911 to SOUND THE SIRENS at the firehouse.  Everyone wake up!  Corrine Lousie Miller is about to be born. :)  haha  I LOVE it.  So typical of my "here I am" personality.  The other firefighters nuzzled back into their bunks and my dad headed to pick up my mom and make the short trip into Washington, D.C. where I was born later that day. 

How could I have ever forgot about that story?  It is so me.  Loud and fun if I say so.  What an entrance into this world and still making my mark strong.  Tonight I was a 'tad' overwhelmed with blessings from my friends - so many texts, emails, fb posts, cards with encouraging words.  Spent the evening with my rocking family with entirely TOO much food&fun and of course some awesome gifts including spa sessions, jewelry and a membership to the country club.  AND just an hour ago we get word from our real estate agent that we have a contract on a new house.  Bring on the fun.  So, happy, happy birthday to me.  

VERY thankful for a Lord who loves me unconditionally and is always forgiving, always full of grace and always blessing us for the good.  I have felt it on my heart to begin the Daniel Fast tomorrow for 30 days to seek relationship with God and direction on where this year is heading and how He is helping me turn my dreams into realities.  I am excited to see the plans He has for us on how we can use our talents and abilities to continue to bless others.  I am desiring to have clarity of my definite of purpose.  I am jacked about the next 30 days and the next 30 years and the 30 years after that.  Life is oh, so good.  

So, with the turn of a new decade, why not give this thing another go?  One thing I am not is a quitter, I took a bit of a hiatus, but I am back ladies and gents, I am back :)

30 is shaping up to be a GREAT year.  Looking forward to sharing it with you.  <3


1 comment:

  1. awesome! love everything about this post! happy birthday lady :)

    ReplyDelete