Just a small town girl that's been all around the world and back again...Now settled into life as a fabulous wife and momma of two darling daughters if I say so myself. And I do say. Enjoying loving and living this life!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

keepin' it classy...in the backyard

Well it all started here:



After a $300 trip to the grocery store (and then me throwing out half the stuff because I never got around to cooking it before it went bad - oppsie), I started looking at coupons in the paper.   No, not the coupons you are thinking of, get $1.00 off your salad dressing of choice.  More like the coupons, buy 1 large pizza for $10.99 and get a free liter of soda. 



As I was glancing through the 'buy one bbq sandwich platter, get one free' I spotted this:



Oh, yeah!  Just what I need to trash up our back yard.  Well, I have a good self image and I don't care what our neighbors think, bring on the blow up pool that takes up over half your yard.  I am hot, people, and remember from a post ago how obssessed I am with being outside?  Thanks to Dave Ramsey (and I mean that sincerely), we are living on a budget below our means, and this summer does not allow for a $325/month membership to the country club in addition to the $2,500 initiation fee.  Next year. 

So off to KMart I go...yes, I said KMart.  Did you even know they still existed?  To find this gem for $20!  Well since that was such a steal, I might as well pick up a little assistance (automatic air pump for $20).  And there you have it, for 40 bucks, an afternoon of fun.  Yep, that's all it lasted.  One day.  No time since then. :( 

I will go ahead and give you a glimpse of my fourth of july weekend that happened almost a month ago now:






Here's hoping to get that baby up and going again before summer's end.  

No comments:

Post a Comment