Just a small town girl that's been all around the world and back again...Now settled into life as a fabulous wife and momma of two darling daughters if I say so myself. And I do say. Enjoying loving and living this life!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Name - PoshPiggies&Pumpkin

POSH.  (päs̸h)  adjective
DEF.:  classy: elegant and fashionable.  Associated with the upper classes; Stylish, elegant, exclusive (expensive).  luxurious.  
*Side note.  At one point a couple of years ago, I had the short dark hair just like Victoria Beckham (aka as POSH)...given the description fits me to a Tee ;) AND I had the hair, it just seemed fitting that posh be my nickname.  LOVED it.  
 

PIGGIES.  Well it starts with the two of us.  Travis and Corri.  Otherwise known as BABE and BABE to all of our friends, family, co-workers, random shoppers in Target, etc.  We have always been 'babe' to the other since circa 1997.  Another word for babe - pig.  Another word for pig - piggie.  LOVE it.  Piggies are so cute and pink (well the ones I like are pink and I love pink)...we are on a roll here!  Plus I love, love, love to eat - just like a piggie.  And actually pigs are very clean (just like me).  I came to the conclusion that this would be a perfect part of a blog name.  I took it upon my self to look up a couple piggie facts:  Pigs are very social animals. They form close bonds with each other and other species. Pigs enjoy close contact and will lie close together when resting.  Ok this is kind of weird how much babe and I are correlating with the pig species.  Well, all except this fact I found, A pig can run a 7 minute mile.  AHAHAHAH - now that I CANNOT do.

'BABE' Travis and 'BABE' Corri :)

future 'babes' we will have


a POSH pig - hahaha




PUMPKIN.  Oh, this was oh so easy.  Our little Briley girl has affectionately been referred to Pumpkin in our house for forever!!  In fact, if we call her by her given name, she sometimes gets upset and says, "you call me pumpkin."  Other spin off nicknames from the original pumpkin include:  punkin, punky, punks, punky doodle bug.  She brings a joy to our life everyday - we find such delight in her - she is my cute little pumpkin - always has been, always will be.  <3

at the PUMPKIN patch - October 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment